Saturday, December 23, 2017

Top 10 Finds of 2017

I was blessed to find a lot of good things this year so it was hard to narrow it down to 10. I decided to pick the top 10 of items I bought to keep not to resell.

#10 Vintage Bookcase: I found this for $5 at a church sale. I was lucky enough to run into a friend who delivered it to my house as I had walked to the sale. I have since filled this with stuff I collected from my childhood.



#9 Shoe rack: I purchased this at a thrift store for $4.99 as it has some damaged shelves.



#8 Tile end table: This was bought at a thrift store for $6.99 A friend of mine thought one of the owners of a cafe here painted it.



#7 Orange Canisters: These came from the same store as the end table. Fans of That 70's Show will recognize these are similar to the set in Donna's kitchen. Hers are yellow. I paid $10 for all of them.



#6 Vintage floor lamp: I spotted this at Goodwill. I texted a picture to my husband and asked if I should get it. He said yes, it was cool. I'm not sure if he was serious but I bought it anyways. It was $14.99



#5 Bath clock: This was another Goodwill purchase. I can't remember if I paid $3.99 or $5.99 I almost didn't get it because it wasn't working. I got it to work at my house.



#4 Starburst clock: This was the year of clocks. I must have bought around 15. This was at the thrift store I found the shoe rack at. $6.99 Unfortunately, it loses time.



#3 Mirror shelf: I have been wanting one of these for quite some time. $4.99 at the same thrift shop above.



#2 Flower clock: This has to be my favorite clock. Unfortunately, when checking out, the cashier placed it on it's clock hands and bent them. It also loses time. $9.99 Same thrift store as shoe rack.



#1 Contigo water bottle: This was one of my cheapest purchases of the year. I have really wanted one since I saw them at Walgreens and I was more than happy to pay .99c for it. It also came from the same thrift store as the shoe rack. 



So those are my top 10 finds. What did you find this year? Leave a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. I found a bunch of nice stuff this year, too. Since we were decorating our house, I found plenty of pictures at the ReStore. I got a good deal, too. Pictures make the house so homey. We have also found plenty of books at the thrift stores. We had to add extra bookshelves {IKEA} to the library! I think the best thing we found was the chandelier in the entry. It is metal with painted flowers and vines going out to the 5 arms. It's gorgeous, and it was expensive at $125, but it fits us so well. If we had purchased it new, it would have been a lot more.

    I like the glass-front bookshelf. I'm glad you put your childhood items in there. You must smile every time you walk past.

    Could you get clock kits to fix those fun clocks? I would have for you to get rid of them.

    The best to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I don't resell anymore, I still love to go thrift store and garage sale hopping. I mostly got clothes bargains for myself, but I also scored a big sofa sized seascape painting that's on the wall opposite my desk in my office. I paid $10 for it. I also found a few metal wall hangings that I hung on our fence to decorate our backyard. Still on the hunt for more of those. Happy holidays and may you find more awesome goodies in the new year!

    ReplyDelete