Monday, August 6, 2018

Would You Have Bought It?

I have been looking for something to store my winter blankets in. I wanted a chest or a trunk. I found both. Now I'm not sure if I should keep both or sell one.

On Saturday, I found a trunk at the thrift store. Unfortunately, someone painted it a baby poop brown. I don't see these often, so I bought it. It was marked $39.99 but with my 25% discount, it came to a little over $32 with tax. I want to see if I can get someone to repaint it white.


Today, I went to Goodwill and sitting in the furniture section was a Lane cedar chest. My husband thought it was too much at $49.99 I remember years ago buying one new for over $100 and it wasn't a Lane chest. It's a little scratched up on top and missing the key but in otherwise good shape.


 So now I have 2 things to store my blankets in. They should all fit in the cedar chest and at this time, I'm storing my childhood toys in the trunk.

Would you have bought either?


1 comment:

  1. I like them both! The 1st trunk I would leave brown or strip and stain the wood underneath. It would make a cool "treasure chest" for a kid. The Lane cedar chest is nice too. We had one growing up, also missing the key, so it was left unlocked. It had blankets in it and sat in our family room as a bench seat. The only problem was my little brother kept opening it to hide toys in it and kept getting his fingers smashed since the lid was heavy and would fall down easily. So my mom got rid of it. Either way, you will at least make your money back if you decide to sell them.

    ReplyDelete