Thursday, August 20, 2020

Oh, Snap

My sales have been quite dismal this week on ebay. Facebook marketplace was a lot better. Yesterday, I sold a table, a lamp and a vhs cabinet.

The vhs cabinet was quite heavy and was upstairs. At 6 p.m. I got a message asking if they could come at 7 to buy it. I said yes and went about getting this cabinet down the stairs.


My first mistake was trying to do it myself. The second mistake was doing it in slippers. My third mistake was not using the hand truck (dolly) correctly. Instead of positioning the dolly in front of me, I went down the stairs first. Basically pulling it down instead of pushing it. After almost slipping and seriously injuring myself, I got it down the stairs.

At around 6:45, I took it outside on my back porch and not learning anything, went down the porch steps the wrong way. That is when it happened. I heard the snap of wood. I looked and had broken the bottom piece. I don't have a picture of what it originally looked like but basically there were three pieces of wood that lifted the bottom off the ground. Luckily, this bottom piece was not necessarily so I unscrewed the wood and threw it away.

The buyer didn't arrive until almost 7:30 I didn't mention the bottom piece and they didn't seem to notice. They were happy with the cabinet and gave me $20 Thankfully, because I would have never been able to bring it back upstairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment