Thursday, February 19, 2015

What $5 Bought

On Thursdays, the thrift store has this dice game where if you roll a 3, 4, 5 or 6 you get a certain percentage off your purchase. Ryker likes to play this. The highest you can get is 30% off for rolling a 6. Ryker only rolled a 2 so no percentage off. We found this marble maze for $4.59. It was in a box marked hamster habitat. I opened it up to see what was inside.


When we were checking out, the cashier said "Someone's getting a hamster." I replied, "No, someone is getting a marble maze." I opened it up to show her. She told me the ladies must have looked at the tubing and thought it was for a hamster. Hmmm, that would be one tiny hamster.

It took me an hour to put this together. I was beginning to think  you needed a degree in engineering to assemble it. I can only imagine how long it would have taken me without the directions. Next time, I'll let Ryker put it together.

2 comments:

  1. I've had one of these for years. And my 13yo and 9o still won't let me get rid of it. Not often, but once in a while they still pull it out and play with it for yours. Hopefully it'll keep you guy busy for years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that same one for my son for Christmas from Meijer. The box picture doesn't make sense but the directions inside are so much better.

    ReplyDelete