Monday, May 30, 2011

Baby Girls and Groovy Dolls

I have always wanted a little girl. Someone who would look cute in pink, wear dresses, have pony tails, a little mini-me. But it was not meant to be. I was blessed with 4 wonderful boys, minis of their dads.

Ryker was my last chance of having a girl. I remember praying to myself let it be a girl. The day of my ultrasound the doctor asked us if we had any other children. We said yes we have 3 boys. He replied "No you don't. You have 4 boys." I almost felt like crying right there on the exam table. Sure I was having a healthy baby but a big part of me wanted that baby to be a girl. Ryker was born on December 12, 2009 weighing in at 10 pounds 6 ounces. He was by far the biggest baby I had. he would also be my last. No more chance of pink. No more chance of dresses. No more ponytails. No more girl. no mini-me.


Having boys, doesn't discourage me from looking at all the cute girlish items in the thrift stores. Whatever I find will go into my Ebay store. A few weeks ago while thrifting, I came across a lot of Groovy Girl Dolls. I had read somewhere that these were good sellers so I snatched them up. At first I listed them seperately. After a month, only one doll sold and it did not have any clothes. Next month I tried a different approach and listed them all together. During that month, I was in my local Goodwill and came across a Groovy Girl Traveler. This is a back pack for your dolls. Included were 5 Groovy Girl Dolls and a Ty Beanine Buddy. I debated whether or not to get them since my first lot was still sitting in my store. I decided to go for it. The first lot again failed to sell so I listed all my dolls together. You can find them here http://cgi.ebay.com/Groovy-Girls-Trendy-Traveler-bookbag-lot-w-12-dolls-HTF-/180665192594?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a107c1092

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this info about Groovy Girls.

    Manhattan Toy offers various kinds of Groovy Girls Doll and puppet stages at very affordable price.
    To know about Doll For Toddlers visit us our site ManHatTanToy.Com

    ReplyDelete