Sunday, May 29, 2011

Best Friends Forever

Last year I went online to find my childhood friend, Barry. Barry was a brown stuffed koala bear with felt paws, brown nose and eyes but no mouth. My mom sewed on a red mouth for him. He wore a gold chain around his neck which was eventually lost. He was the first and last gift I ever got from my Uncle Stan. Barry went everywhere with me. When I had to go to the hospital for tubes, (back then it was an over night procedure) Barry was by my side. Any vacation we went on, Barry went too. When my dad accidentally threw him in the trash, I was there to rescue him. Barry was with me when my first son was born. When I moved to South Carolina, Barry was left in a storage locker. I was heartbroken. I had lost my best friend. I found one similiar on Ebay. This one is wearing a green chain and he is part white. Barry was all brown.

It just isn't the same. Did you have a best stuffed friend when you were little? Did he go everywhere with you? Did you love him as much as I loved Barry? Did he too go missing? If you could replace him, would you?

About 2 weeks back, I was in my favorite thrift store and came across a Freddy Bear from 1976. Although I never owned a Freddy, I was certain someone out there did and like my Barry, he got lost as well. And like me, that person has gone online searching from him. He is quite hard to find as I am sure most of them have been loved to death. Well I bought that teddy and put him in my ebay store. I am hoping the right buyer comes along and can be reunited with his best friend. You can find Freddy by clicking this link. http://r.ebay.com/NhmCj3

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post Becky, I love how you weave those personal stories in.

    ReplyDelete