Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Would You Buy It Wednesday

We went to Goodwill on Monday and I was kind of disappointed with the selections. I did find some pants for Ryker which he needed. I also found this owl. He is huge. He is almost 12 inches tall and weighs over 7 pounds. I listed him at auction and he already has a bid. To see my auction, click here


I also found this egg cup from Japan. I don't know anything about these but listed it at auction as well. Unfortunately, when I left the store, I found a hairline crack. I'm not sure if it was there when I bought it or if it cracked because the cashier did not wrap either purchase. There are no bids on this yet.


While I was there, I found a Buzz Lightyear for Ryker. I thought the price sticker said $1.99 I let Ryker play with it and some time between getting it and checking out, he tore the price sticker off. When the cashier could not find the price, I said "oh he must have torn the sticker off. I think it was only $1.99" She called a price check and when the employee came to get the figure, I said "I think the price was $1.99". The employee rudely said "No it's not. It's $10.99."

$10.99 are you freaking kidding me? What the hell are they smoking? I told her I didn't want it. I don't know how much these retail new but $10.99 seems quite high for a used toy. And I could have sworn the price was $1.99 Guess I need to get my eyes checked. and yes Sarah, I'm still harping on this.

Linking to Junker Newbie

4 comments:

  1. That's ridiculous! But then again, I saw a small teddy bear at GW priced $9.99 the other day so maybe they are smoking something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when they do that! So crazy.

    You visited my blog the other day...I have Annie the Manny. :) Too bad we can't share our mannys because mine is so tiny! I want a bigger one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally buy the owl! Love it.

    ReplyDelete