Saturday, April 12, 2014

Checking It Off My Want List

I have been wanting a library card catalog for some time. Unfortunately, they can be quite pricey. A few days ago we were coming back from McDonalds and I noticed a consignment shop I hadn't seen before. I'm sure it has been there for awhile. My husband doesn't like to go thrifting so I thought I would walk over there when the weather was good. Thursday, I had my chance.



On top of a dresser was a library card catalog. I looked it over and while it wasn't in pristine shape, it wasn't terrible either. I checked the price tag. I didn't have enough funds in my paypal so I left empty handed.

Luckily the next day, I sold two items on Ebay and had enough to cover the cost. I couldn't remember the name of the shop to call so I googled consignment shop and the avenue it was on and my city and their facebook page popped up. I called and asked if they still had the card catalog. They did and I told her I would be there shortly to pick it up.


It is quite heavy and my sister and I had a hard time getting it into her clown car. (Seriously, she has a clown car. You can't fit anything into it)

I plan on having my husband put heavy duty casters on it and using it as a coffee table like the one here.




linking up to Sir Thrift A lot

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use it as a coffee table! Cool find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first pic, I was going to ask what you were going to use it for. Then of course I saw the second pic. What a great idea! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squeeee! That's fantastic! Great find. And holy crap, that table is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - totally jealous of your card catalog!! :) Please post the "after" pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love card catalogs also! I have more than I will admit to in public! Great find and great idea to use as a coffee table!

    ReplyDelete