Saturday, March 21, 2015

What $5 Bought

The other day I took my boys over to the thrift store and spotted a IHOME charging dock on the shelf. I was quite surprised to see it had the remote and the power cord. I was more surprised to see the price: $4.99.


I took it off the shelf and tried to see if the radio worked. I started pressing buttons and turning up the volume and nothing was happening. I looked up and noticed an old man at the end of the aisle watching me. I wasn't sure if he was going to swoop in and take the dock if I decided to put it back or if he was wondering what I was doing. I was about to put it back on the shelf but decided instead to plug it in to see if it worked that way. (It must have a back up battery for the clock because that part was working) Sure enough as soon as I plugged it in, the radio worked. I put it into my shopping cart.

My lovely boys have broken all my Ipods so I'm not sure if that part works. The alarm clock works well as I used it the other day. And the best part is: I will get my money back tomorrow because I'm selling my old alarm clock on Facebook.




1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you wrote about this. I've been finding these in thrifts a lot lately. Since the new iphone ports are now different, all the old ones are getting donated. I still have a classic Ipod with this same port and didn't think about getting one for myself. I have tons of music on my Ipod that I can listen to. I mostly listen to audio books with it and carry it around with me. But music once in a while would be nice. I'll have to pick one up next time I see one.

    ReplyDelete