Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thanks For The Negative You Horrible Ebayer!

I got my first negative the other day and let me tell you, I was/am pissed! and what was it for? A freakin $12.99 outfit I would have refunded had the buyer returned it to me. Here was her message received on Sept 4 "I would like a refund, on this item, the item had more stains than said, and for twelve dollars, it should have been new. I am not pleased with the item at all."

Yeah Looks faded and stained to me and how did I miss all those holes??

This was my response sent 5 minutes after "Hi I'm sorry. I must have missed the stains. Where were they located? I looked at the pictures in the listing and did not see any. Please return within 5 days to Becky xxxxx xxxx xxxxxx St  xxxxxx WI xxxxx  Thank you."

I did not get a response nor did I get a return. Imagine my surprise when listing 5 days later, I saw my feedback percentage change from 100% to 99.7%  I went to the feedback profile and found this "the outfit was not worth 12.00 it was faded, had holes and stains,not worth it." (Lies, lies, lies and more lies. First the outfit cost $12.99 and had free shipping, was not faded nor did it have stains or holes)

I replied to the feedback with "Offered Full Refund Upon Return Refused To Send Back Neg Was Not Necessary." I then sent her a message "I asked you to return the outfit for a refund. Was there really a need to leave a negative."

This is what I wanted to say: "Hey bitch thanks for the negative and ruining my feedback score. All over $12.99? I blocked your sorry ass and I hope karma bites you in it." If only we could say what we think.

I called Ebay and pleaded my case. They would not remove the negative because it did not meet their criteria.  So a buyer can lie about an item and there are no consequences for it? They told me I could message the buyer and ask for her to revise her feedback. Are you f'ing kidding me?? She obviously wanted the item for free and got pissed when I would not refund without a return. I would rather gargle glass than beg a cheap asshole for a feedback revision. So not worth my time.





11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. That really bites. I really think some people enjoy leaving negatives. I gives them a sense of power.

    I've had two people leave me neautral for no reason in the last few months. And their comment was "Good Transaction" the other was "okay". Why the neutral then? I tried contacting both but they ignored me.

    I dread checking my feedback score everyday. I'm so worried that I'm going to have a neg or neautral for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually stopped looking at my feedback very often. I would get nervous everytime I did. But I figure you can't please everyone all of the time so I don't worry about it anymore. Some people are just negative people and you can't change them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get upset over NEG FB anymore. I leave a reply in my defense and let it go at that. I know people will look at all my POS FB and know that the one neg was a disgruntled buyer and not a reflection of me. I refuse to let it upset me and I refuse to loose sleep over it. Life is just too short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems to be a trend lately, as I have had more than one buyer (always on a cheap item to begin with!) contact me after she receives it with some feigned complaint. I always smell a rat. So I politely tell them to refund it. Then they get ticked off because they really wanted me to send them a refund.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your buyer is mistaking faded spots for stains. I see some faded spots that near the bottom of the jacket but it's typical of that color and material once it has been washed. I've almost completely gotten away from clothing sales because of issues like this. You are a good honest seller and 99.7 feedback is still excellent. Don't give this little blip any more time or energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a serious thing when you are damaged with false negative feedbacks because it can cost you your 20% discount for being a Top Rated Seller. The cheap item buyers are the quickest to complain OR outright lie. The folks who buy more expensive items are generally very honest and more than understanding if I have made an error.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me guess. She has under 30 feedback also? I would not be suprised. It always seems to be the newbies and/or lower priced items. People are A-HOLES sometimes. I am dealing with one myself right now. Sorry you have to also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what the heck is ebays "criteria"? How annoying. Sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh that sucks. travis got a neutral from someone who didn't contact him and was like "wasn't what i expected, guess i should have read it better so it is both our fault" or something stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you kiss your mama with that mouth? haha I feel ya, I think it it national jackass week in the feedback department. Ridic

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel your pain, I've had a jerk do that to me too. What I've done in similar cases is grit my teeth and offer them their money back. Then to further smooth it over, tell them they can keep the item. (As long as the sale price wasn't too high, say $20 or less) Basically I am bribing them to NOT file negative feedback and it usually works. Its a bitter pill, but at least I don't have to stew when seeing that red mark in my feedback history.

    But they definitely piss you off, I agree!

    ReplyDelete