Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Vintage Rock Posters

I know nothing about vintage rock posters but when I saw this one with The Doors on it, I knew I had to get it. Someone had taken the time to frame it, so I thought it might be worth something. This poster advertised the June 1967 performance of The Miller Blues Band, Daily Flash, and The Doors at the Avalon Ballroom. The artist is Victor Moscoso.





I saw a few on Ebay with high asking prices. I could not find anything in solds. I then did a google search of Family Dog and found this website. They stated there was two prints made of this poster. They described both posters being 14" W x 20" L  My poster only measures 11" W x 14" L My poster also has a white border which the two prints do not have.

So, is my poster some sort of mass produced copy?  Is it something I can sell on Ebay? It's pretty cool looking so for now it is hanging in my office. If anyone wants to buy it, send me an offer. I may consider parting with it.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe the poster was professionally cut to fit when it was framed. I would start high with a best offer option.

    ReplyDelete