Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One Is The Loneliest Number

I only got one item today and I went to two thrift stores. At the first one, they had a set of salt and pepper shakers I wanted but the price was $8. This thrift store has a habit of putting Ebay prices on their items. Who can afford to shop there? I didn't stay long because almost everything was out of my price range.

At the second store, I found this little owl figure. It is only 2.5 inches tall. It was .25 cents.


There was an owl statue I debated getting. It was really heavy and probably about a foot tall. On the bottom was written K.B. '78 I thought maybe this was someone's art project and my sister convinced me to leave it there. Later I asked my son to go back and get it for me and of course it was gone. Note to self: If  you like something, get it right away otherwise it may be gone when you go back.

linking up to The Thrifty Momma

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I have never been to a shop that does the ebay comparison thing it's stupid. That owl is cute though!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg..the regular Goodwills around here are like that. Prices are way to high for people who buy for themselves, let alone those trying to flip it for a dollar. I just stick to my outlet... Are you selling the owl??? I keep passing up owl stuff. I know it can be hot..but I'm thinking mostly for Etsy.

    ReplyDelete