Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Picture Frame Makeover

Yes, Martha Stewart, I can Do It Myself... just barely. I was inspired by Laura over at My Dear Trash to make over this picture frame I found at a garage sale for $2. (I also found a Blue's Clues puzzle, a Fire King cereal bowl and a Starbucks mug)


The picture frame was covered in that cheap brown faux leather which was peeling off. I decided to help it along and peel off all of it.




Next I took off all the hardwear.


Sounds simple right? You would be wrong. Some of the screws would not come out but I wasn't about to give up. I used pliers to pull the screws out and continued to proceed. I took the two pieces outside to paint.



Ryker decided he wanted to help. (Not really. He just wanted his picture taken)


This is the first project I have attempted to redo. I think it turned out well.


At least Ryker thinks so...




linking to The Brambleberry Cottage

3 comments:

  1. What a great find and a FABULOUS start! I love that My Dear Trash blog ~ such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your very first redo, Becky! You are now officially a member of the DIY club. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I hope to see you each week. Be sure to come by tonight, and see yourself featured.

    By the way, Ryker is a real cutie-pie!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing. this picture looks good and I like to see it with best quality factor.

    canvas pictures

    ReplyDelete