Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A New Desk

Last Thursday, I spotted a desk with hutch at the thrift store. Someone had repainted it a rust orange and all the drawers were painted shut. I really liked the style but not the color. The price was $65 I left it there because 1. I didn't have enough cash 2. I didn't have a way to get it home 3 The color. I told my hubby about it and he said if I bought it he would get it home. I thought about it all weekend. I could learn to love the orange until I got it repainted and perhaps they would take a lower offer. I called Sunday morning and it was not to be. They had sold it the day before.

Yesterday, I took some stuff to the consignment store and decided to look around. I bought some clothes for resale, paid and left. They have an additional building where all their furniture is. I decided to take a peek. And I found a similar desk and hutch for the same price but in it's original color. I called my hubby and he said he would pick it up for me.

So I got it. But there was one problem.


See that piece of trim? My laptop would not open with that trim there. So I removed it.


Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I will need to get a slimmer cooling pad for my lap top in order for the desk to be functional.


Let's just keep this a secret from my hubby as he didn't want me to get a new desk.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous desk Becky, I've been hoping for one like that to come along for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could add a little wood to the bottom of the hutch to give you more room for your laptop.Paint it gold(if you're keeping it the original color) and nobody will know.Cute desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,
    I had that EXACT bedroom set when I was a child. We did not have the desk, but my sister and I had matching twin bed, a tall dresser, and a huge vanity dresser! We had them until we were at least 15 and 17. I forwarded my sister your blog post & she said, she would much rather see them painted a hideous orange! (=
    It brings back many childhood memories. Thank you and thank you for all the useful & inspiring information you share everyday on your blog. The fact that you post everyday is very very inspiring.
    Thank you, Rebecca Rae

    ReplyDelete