Sunday, September 27, 2020

Mika Werewolf Doll

 Yesterday, I was in Goodwill and spotted this doll in the Halloween shoes. It looked like someone had changed their mind and discarded her on the shelf. I'm not really a doll person, but I do like creepy, weird items.


At first, I thought she was a vampire because of the fangs so I posted her as such in Weird Secondhand Finds on Facebook. 


A few commentators said she looked like a werewolf and one found the artist who created her on etsy.


I messaged her, Soraya from AntiqueShopDolls to find out some background on this doll. She told me her name was Mika and she was the only werewolf girl she made. She is a fake Mui chan doll and was priced at 199 or 229. 

I'm still not sure how she found her way from Spain to my small town in Wisconsin, but for now she is being displayed in my shadow box.



1 comment: