Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Why Did You Ruin That?

Last week, I was at the thrift store and way up high on a book shelf, I spotted 4 Telco animated figures. I knew some of these can go as high as $50 so I bought all 4.



Whenever you buy something that requires batteries, you run the risk of it not working. And sometimes if the item works the first time you try it, doesn't mean it will work the day you sell it. My thrift store has a no returns policy but I decided to take the gamble.

Three of them worked and one did not. I decided to list them. When researching, I realized that whomever these belonged to, did not like the Christmas theme.

Piglet should be wearing a Santa cap and scarf. There should also have been ribbon in his hands and across the honey pot.



Winnie the Pooh is missing his winter cap and the tree is missing the green branches. He is the one that doesn't work. I also noticed when I got him home, the guy bagging my items had smooched his nose in.




Eeyore is suppose to have ice skates. When the person removed them, they put a hole in his foot. They also replaced his green scarf with some Winnie the Pooh fabric.




and last but not least is Tigger. He also did not escape this DIY horror project. He is missing a Santa hat and scarf. There should be a red ribbon around the present and honey pot instead of the Winnie the Pooh fabric.




Obviously, the previous owner wanted to display these all year long. I'm hoping that there is someone else out there that would like to do the same.

To see these in my store, click here

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! I wonder if they moved somewhere warm year round after donating these.

    ReplyDelete