Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Business Sale/Estate Sale

There is a local flower shop/green house that went out of business a few months ago. They auctioned off most of their stuff and are taking offers on whatever didn't sell. My sister and I decided to check it out. There was also an abandoned house with stuff inside. When we got there, the doors were open but we didn't see anyone. Basically everything inside looked like trash. I felt like we were trespassing or we were in some horror movie and about to get murdered. After about 5 minutes, a lady walked in and began telling us to look around and make offers because everything was about to be bulldozed. There were a few Christmas decorations, a lot of plastic planters, some ribbon stuff and floral decorations. Nothing I was interested in. She told us to go ahead and look in the basement. I wish I had my camera to show you the mess down there. I swear it looked like a landfill. I found a styrofoam Santa and reindeer set but decided to pass. I didn't really need it.

Next, we explored the house. It looked like it hadn't been lived in for years. There was no electricity so some rooms were slightly dark. Probably a good thing because who knows how many creepy crawlers were inside.  I found a box of knick knacks but only bought one thing: a family of skunks


Aren't they cute? The had fur on their tails and head but it was dirty and coming off so I removed it. Since it was so dark in the house, I did not notice momma skunk and one baby skunk had been broken and glued back together. I was hoping to sell them on Ebay but now I won't. I'm only out a buck. My sister found a vintage type writer.

Later in the day, I bought some more Lia Sophia. I swear, I'm going to go broke if I don't start selling this stuff.





I also picked up this end table for $10 off of Facebook.




2 comments:

  1. I swear you've found the Lia Sophia goldmine over there :) That bracelet is awesome.. but my wrists are really tiny so I don't know if it'd fit me. I put so many bracelets back when I'm shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Necklace arrived today, it's gorgeous thanks :) - Bri

    ReplyDelete