Monday, February 9, 2015

If You Can't Sell It...

Repurpose It.

I found this vintage Sears Hotdog skateboard back in September. I don't know anything about skateboards so I almost didn't pick it up. I left it at the thrift store, went home and did an Ebay search. One in mint condition sold for $135 so I was hoping I could make at least $50 - $60 This was back in September.


I think I originally listed it at $79.99 or best offer. I got some watchers and one buyer offered me $20. Month after month it sat with plenty of watchers but no offers. I decided to list it at $49.99 without Best Offer. Still no takers.

Earlier today I was watching the latest Walking Dead episode where Tyreese was in the twin boy's bedroom and inspiration struck. I was going to make a shelf out of my skateboard. I took the listing down and went to work. I already had the brackets because I was going to originally make a board game shelf but never got around to it. I didn't want to screw the brackets to the skateboard, so for now it is resting on the brackets.




Now if I can only figure out what to do with all these stuffed animals...

4 comments:

  1. The classic skateboard shelf! Don't screw into it, unless you must for safety concerns. Once you drill holes into the wood, you will never be able to resell it for much.

    Skateboard items can be big since there is a lot of nostalgia. People who skated as kids in the 80s and 90s are now adults with disposable income looking to recapture some of their youth (this is why action figures and comics from the 80s and 90s sell for so much).
    Most grown skaters are looking for specific graphics on boards and shirt, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda surprised you couldn't get it sold. Guess I'd agree with Peter above about collectors seeking out name brands, but great "re-purpose" idea!

    Dude! @MoneyintheGarage

    ReplyDelete