Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thrifty Thursday Finds

I went to my favorite thrift store today and gasp! they hired a new girl to price items. Most of the stuff is unmarked and you can negotiate at the checkout. I'm afraid this will stop and the prices will go up as I overheard her saying to the manager " These glasses are collectable. They should be priced at $3 each." (gasp!) Most glasses are a quarter to a dollar.

Anyways for some reason I did not feel like digging, which is half the fun of thrifting and ended up with only the few items shown below.

Fisher Price Super Star Stage.



These can sell for between $25 to $40. I always list for $39.95 or Best Offer. Even without the microphone, they do quite well.

The next item I found is this Maneki Neko bank. It literally means Beckoning Cat. It is believed to bring good luck to it's owner. I have not listed this yet, as I do not know a starting point and I really like it.


I debated getting this next item. It is a vintage Chubble. His nose lights up and if you cover his face, he giggles. I have him listed at $34.95 with a best offer. One like him sold last week for $40.




I also found this cute teddy bear. When doing research, I could not find one like him. He is absolutely adorable and would make a great addition to any bear collection.




And last, this great pair of vintage children's rain boots with a Smurf on the side. I figured with the Smurf movie coming out, there will be some new fans.



Click on the pictures to see my items in my store. So what great finds did you pick up this week? Feel free to put them in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment